We are so excited for this new season of Dance Co! We are currently working on all of our Fall routines, and we can’t wait to showcase them. Come check us out at our upcoming performances:
- Friday, September 15th at the RHS Football game
- Tuesday, September 19th at the Homecoming Assembly
- Thursday, September 21st at Burning of the Wolf
- Friday, September 22nd at the Homecoming Football Game
- Tuesday, October 10th at Jordan High School Regional Dance Company Concert
- Tuesday, November 15th at Herriman High School District Dance Company Concert
Are you ready for the first Annual RDC Mini Dance Co. Camp!! We are so excited to start this new program at Riverton High School. The camp’s purpose is to give young dancers exposure to the artistic side of dance. At this camp, the dancers will learn technique and choreography from the Riverton High School Dance Company, as well as receive performance tips! We invite all beginning, intermediate, and advanced dancers from the ages of 4-15 to attend. The camp cost is $25 and includes a T-shirt and two tickets to the RDC Spring Concert Pre-view. We would love to see your little dancers there! Registration forms can be picked up from the main office at RHS or printed from the link below. Contact Brynn Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
RDC is back in full swing! We have successfully performed our Theme Assembly routine, and have moved on to our next big performances. It has been a crazy August so far. The dancers have now learned and cleaned 4 routines and are working on their 5th! Their hard work and dedication is quite remarkable. We are so excited to get out on the football field and show you what we’ve been working on! So Gear up in your Purple, Silver, and Black and come on out to a Riverton Football game. We will be performing at Burning of the wolf on September 8th, Homecoming Game on September 9th, and the RHS vs HHS football game on September 22nd. We look forward to seeing you all there!
It’s that time again, audition season has officially begun! If you are trying out for Riverton Dance Company, there are a few things that you should already have completed…
- You should have a packet (if you don’t, pick one up in the front office or download the file below)
- You should have a faculty recommendation in a signed and sealed envelope (found in the packet)
- You should have a written recommendation from a dance teacher in a signed and sealed envelope (provide them with an envelope)
- You should have your official report card for 3rd quarter (MUST BE 3.0)
If you are wondering what you should bring to the audition, here are some tips…
- Your best dancing self dressed in all black dance attire!
- Multiple types of footwear if not dancing bare foot (dance socks, foot paws or foot undeez, pirouettes, ballet shoes)
- Something you feel comfortable doing hip hop in (sweats, T-shirt, high tops or tennis shoes) It does not need to be all black!
Please arrive as soon as possible! Check-in is from 2:45-3:20pm. The audition begins at 3:30pm. You will need to be stretched and ready to go before 3:30pm. We will begin with across the floor and then make a cut. We will then teach a contemporary combo and a hip hop combo that will be auditioned in small groups. We will do call backs, and then announce the new 2016-2017 Riverton Dance Company members! Good luck to all of you, and please remember, be confident in yourself and enjoy the process!!
If you are interested in being a part of Riverton High School’s Dance Company, there is a mandatory parent/student meeting on Wednesday, March 30th at 7pm in the Media Center! At this meeting, the requirements for auditions, the financial commitment, and the time commitment will be discussed. Any specific questions can be directed to email@example.com.